Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home/hostbig/public_html/blog/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3283
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a very hot topic in the World Wide Web. After all, everybody wants to rank higher and come up on the first page of Google search and get more traffic.
Ranking higher on google will help you generate tons of visitors and which will indirectly help you earn money online. Their are many factors which affect you ranking on search engines, but most important of them is SEO. For a new blogger, its very hard to increase his page rank seeing the competition out their.
Today, I am going to share some most important SEO tips which will help you rank higher on google. Here we go:
1) Choose a Good Host:
Yes. You read it right. Now you must be thinking how is my host responsible for my website ranking? Google does not just see your website quality but also see’s quality of other websites hosted on the server. Especially if you are hosted on a shared server, you must be careful while choosing a host. Other sites on your server which are blacklisted by google will increase the possibility of low search ranking of you site by google.
2) Website Design:
Keep your website design simple and clean. Don’t make your website a advertising hoarding by putting ad everywhere. Let your site have max 3 ads per page. Google will ignore your site if you make your site a advertisement site.
Keep a check on your website speed. Speed is one of the most important factor of SEO.
3)Use rel=”nofollow” tag
on low value links to not pass the page rank juice. For example ‘Read the rest of the entry’, ‘About’, ‘Contact’ etc.
4) Use proper anchor text for interlinks. Don’t use ‘here’ or ‘there’.
5) Optimize the images, always create alt tags and write description in the alt tag.
6) Use search engine friendly permalinks. Make sure the URLs do not have ‘&’, ‘?’, ‘!’ etc characters.
7) Use hyphens (-) between words to improve readability.
7) Do not use underscores (_), use hyphens (-) instead.
8) Do not use session id in URLs.
9) Use tag clouds.
10) Have a category description paragraph.
11) Let the visitors subscribe to category specific RSS feed. (Use category specific RSS plugin for WordPress)
12) Use internal linking when possible and appropriate.
13) Use sub-directories rather than sub-domains when possible. Sub-domains do not share link love from the main domain as it is treated as a different domain.