We are happy to say that Let’s Encrypt certificates are now available at HostBigSpace!
Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated, and open certificate authority (CA) that issues domain-validated security certificates. The main goal of the project, which HostBigSpace proudly sponsors, is to make encryption ubiquitous on the web so that all web browsing becomes safer.
The key benefits of the Let’s Encrypt certificates are:
- Easy installation
- No validation emails are sent
- No dedicated IP required (which is extra money)
- Trusted by all major browsers
- Auto renewable
How to install Let’s Encrypt SSL on my Website?
You can install Let’s Encrypt certificates for free through the cPanel of your hosting account. You can have multiple certificates installed on your account for each domain and subdomain you want. The certificates auto renew unless you choose to cancel them through the cPanel interface.
Why should you use an SSL?
Still unsure if you should use SSL, even if it’s free? Here are three reasons to install a Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate:
- For security. SSL ensures that visitors information is encrypted and therefore kept private. With more and more people becoming aware of internet security, visitors feel safer on websites that have a security certificate and show the lock icon in the address bar.
- For SEO. Google favours sites with SSL and may reward them with a higher ranking. Refer to Move to HTTPS to rank higher on Google Article.
- For speed. SSL over HTTP/2 (supported by Create Hosting servers) provides improved load times. This is good for visitors and search engines. Visit http://www.httpvshttps.com/ to view a demo.